When you’re pregnant, it is even more important that you pay attention to what you eat and how you store, prepare, and cook your food.
Follow these common sense tips when handling food:
- Always wash your hands before handling food or eating.
- Before you eat or cook fresh fruits and vegetables, including pre-packed salads, gently wash them under cool, running water.
- Always put chilled or frozen foods in the fridge or freezer soon after purchase.
- Ensure that you cook all meat thoroughly. Do not eat raw or undercooked meat.
- Use safe food handling practices when preparing meat and poultry.
- Food should not be reheated more than once.
- Always check the best before date of any store-bought foods.