Every child is unique, and children don’t all reach key development milestones at the same time. Development is measured in three key areas: motor development, social development, and communication (language). Knowing what development stages to expect can help you as a parent to create a stimulating environment for your child.
|Motor development||Social development||Language development|
Fun ways to stimulate your child’s development:
Motor activities for toddlers
- Lay his favourite toy on the ground across the room and have him try to get to it on his own.
- Drawing on large paper with crayons or outside with chalk.
- Matching games with shapes.
- Let him eat with utensils and feed himself as much as possible.
Social activities for toddlers
- Play pretend with him or encourage him when he imitates you.
- Help him learn how to share with toys and taking turns from a young age.
Language (speech) activities for toddlers
- Name colours, shapes, animals, etc., and have your child repeat them.
- Ask your toddler questions too.